October 8, 2010

Avery Bug's Ladybug Party



We went to the Tri-Cities over my birthday and Avery's birthday weekend to celebrate. I chose to do a ladybug theme for Ave. My sweet sister-in-law, Kathy, helped me make the cake along with my father-in-law, Kerry. You guys are both so creative. I thought it turned out ADORABLE!!!

I also made ladybug cupcakes.

My mother-in-law, Luanne, decorated and bought ladybug costumes for the little girls that came. It couldn't have turned out more perfectly.


Here's cousin Lauren and Lilly. Now they are darling little ladybugs.

Our Avery Bug! She is so stinkin' cute! She was so happy and spunky the entire party. I think she liked all the attention.

We enjoyed some yummy pizza and then Avery 'spotted' her ladybug cake.

She very timidly tried the frosting at first...

She quickly discovered she liked it.

She liked it a lot.

Shane and I actually had to leave the party and give her a bath. My kids both went through a phase about this age where they love to put their food in their hair. Little Ave was covered.
After a very needed bath, we put the little guest of honor in jammies and took her out to open some gifts. It actually worked out perfectly because Avery didn't care if she opened the gifts and Lilly cared a lot!!! So big sister, Lilly, opened most of the gifts.

This cute-as-can-be sock monkey was from Grandma Great. We love it!

Me and my ladybugs. Oh how I love them.

Thanks to everyone who got to come spend the evening with us. I love small, intimate parties. Until next year...

6 comments:

Jill and Joel Gibb said...

OH my gosh i LOVED those cupcakes it was genious! And the cake was super cute. Having girls looks like a blast. You look so happy. I cant believe your baby is 1 already :)

Stephanie and Daniel said...

Your girls are so adorable Erica! I LOVE the ladybug theme and the cake and cupcakes! So CUTE!!

The Hokansons said...

You always amaze me with your creativity. Next time I need an idea I'm calling you! Your girls are soooo cute just like their mama!

White Family said...

Loved everything! I'm so glad I have your address now! :)

Scott & Jess said...

What a cute Birthday Party Erica! You and your girls are all so beautiful!

Jennie Stanfield said...

cutest little bugs I've ever seen. The party is adorable...everything about it (especially Avery) and I'm sad I missed it. Maybe when she turns 6...:-) Miss you.