October 8, 2010

Anniversary Getaway


For our 6th wedding anniversary, my parents came up to be with the girls so Shane and I could get away for a couple nights. This was the first time we've been with out our kids. I worried about my little sweeties for about 15 minutes and then I just enjoyed every minute we had together. It was quite a treat. Thanks Mom and Dad Lichfield.
The first night we got to Seattle we arrived late so we just went to one of our favorite restaurants, Red Robin. Then off to our hotel.
The next day was filled with plans and activities. First we went to an awesome outlet mall, which we totally underestimated. We could have spend an entire day there, but Shane scheduled 18 holes of golf at a gorgeous course only miles from us. I drove the golf cart while Shane looked very handsome doing what he LOVES so much.


Later that evening we met a couple of our dear friends for dinner at Red Robin again...(I know, wouldn't you think we could try something new?) :) We got to know Lee and Leslie Rushton in Pullman a couple years ago and boy do we miss them!!! We laughed and talked for hours. It made me miss getting together some evenings in our old apartment complex and playing Settlers of Catan. We love you guys. Thanks for letting us meet your new little baby girl, Shiloh.

Ahhhhh, we can't wait to take a few more romantic getaways soon when we complete school. It was just a small preview of what's to come...

4 comments:

Leslierush said...

it was fun! and hey Lee looks super cute in that picture, wow!

The Hokansons said...

That's great that you got to go and spend some time together. It makes me want to plan a fun trip someday!

Erin said...

So fun!! We miss playing games with you guys too!

Jennie Stanfield said...

How fun Erica! I'm lovin' that flower in your hair. You always did have the style...:-)