June 18, 2010

Finally an Update...

Well, it's been a while. I have lots to post. We have moved to Yakima, WA. We live in a cozy townhouse. It's such a relief to only have one neighbor instead of four. We are definitely looking forward to owning our own home soon. (Oh, how I love the sound of that!) Apartment living has been great, but it's about time to move on...
Speaking of moving on...Shane has begun his fourth and final year of Pharmacy school. This year is all rotation based. He is currently finishing up his first rotation at a mental health facility. He feels like he is learning so much. There will be no vacations for him until he finishes up in March. Then we'll begin the job search and he'll graduate as a Doctor of Pharmacy in May 2011!!!! I'm already anticipating that moment.
In the mean time, the girls and I hang out during the day. It's been an unusually cool summer here in Yakima. We're anxcious to whip out the pool and play, but the weather hasn't been permitting that. We have the cutest little library here that is seriously the size of my living room. It's darling...we'll be spending some quality time there. We also have an awesome park nearby where Lil can play and there's a great trail as well. Things are looking up.
I just got a new church calling as an activity day leader. I'll be working with 8-11year old girls. I'm really excited about it actually. I'm speaking in church on Sunday about Fathers. Life is good. I'm going to be posting a plethera of pictures soon.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay!! I'm so glad to see how you guys are doing!! We sure miss you here in Pullman (still)! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Leslierush said...

Thats my same church calling too! Fun. Glad you guys are doing well...if you ever get bored come visit.