March 4, 2010

Welcome March!!!

Pink Eye Pictures, Images and Photos
It's almost been a whole month since I've posted anything and I'll tell you why... February was the month of pure sickness over here at the Anderson Household. Our sweet Avery started not sleeping at all and acting very cranky so I took her to the doctor. She had a bad case of pink eye, an ear infection and a horrible cold. Those three things combined are not a pretty combination. I've never seen a sicker looking infant. The next morning...dun, dun, dun...I wake up with the stink eye pink eye and a nasty cold. Shane had previously had the same cold, but got it again as well as pink eye. I felt for Shane so much too because he had huge tests and projects due and he was truly very ill. My pink eye cleared up, but silly old me put my old contacts back in my eyes thinking they really weren't that old and I'd save money by using them. Hahahhahahahahah...Um, I discovered that pink eye is the most contagious thing ever. The next morning---hello pink eye again.
The one reprieve I had was going to the Tri-Cities. Lilly got to attend her cousin, Addisyn's 4th birthday party. She had such a fun time! We stayed at my mom's and I was so grateful for all the help she and my Dad offered while we visited. I even got to attend a musical at Hanford High School, The Secret Garden. It was a treat to get out without any children. Thanks Mom and Dad Lichfield for watching my kids. I also got to spend some time with Grandma Nadine which is always a treat.
But wait, the next morning who wakes up with pink eye????? Oh yeah, my little Lilly. It was her turn I suppose. We ended up spending the whole day going to different doctor's offices, picking up medication and then desperately trying to get the eye drops in Lilly's eyes. (Now that was more of a challenge than I had ever imagined.)
I have to say the highlight of the trip home was celebrating in my sister, Wendy, and her husband, Tory's success! Tory is now one of the new Hanford High School Vice Principals. My Mom and I made a sign for the front of their house and a banana cream pie for them to enjoy. What a happy, happy day for The Christensen's!
So I smiled when I wiped off my dry-erase calendar and wrote the word March at the top. It's going to be a healthier, happier month. Things can only look up. I have to say even though it's been a very difficult month--through it all I love my children and my husband more. We pulled through it together. Heavenly Father blessed me with my family and he entrusted them in my care.

5 comments:

bowman family said...

Kathy told me you guys have had a rough month. Glad you are all better. How is the apartment search going? Can't believe it's coming up so quickly. We are excited to have you guys come! Stay healthy!!!

Erin said...

Oh Erica you poor thing! I hope you all are on the road to recovery! Love ya!

Natalie said...

Wow, that is a lot for one short month! I hope everyone is much healthier now that the sun is out. I am glad you finally updated Erica, I like to keep tabs on you and your adorable family.

OH, I had no idea Wendy and her husband were living in the TriCities. What wonderful news about his job. Tell them congrats for me :)

Carrie said...

Oh Erica, that's no fun! I hope you have a WONDERFUL March with lots of sunshine:)

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com