August 26, 2009

Preparing for Baby

My very sweet mother came to visit me these last couple days and I basked in every second of it. We enjoyed sewing, shopping, dreaming up creative ideas, giggling and we even shed a few tears. I love my mom so much. She is one of a kind. I've never seen someone work so hard and serve others like she does. We made a rag quilt, baby headbands and we started on a diaper bag--all for my upcoming little sweetie. I love how creative we can be together. She inspires me.

The beginnings of the quilt--idea stage.

I organized and cut the fabric while my Mom sewed the strips together. It was so fun just to sit and visit.

My mom hard at work. She is an incredible seamstress.

Ta-Da!!! The finished product! Sew stinkin' cute, if I must say so myself.

It's even cuter wrapped around my Lilly. She didn't want to give it up.

I've been meaning to get all dolled up and snap some preggy pictures, but it just never happens. So today---after a very long day, Shane was kind enough to take this picture. No glamour going on, but hey it's documentation on how large I'm getting. I had a doctor's appointment today and there's simply nothing exciting to share. No progress this far, but I'm hoping maybe next week. I'm feeling really great though overall. I really can't complain. Life is good. :)

11 comments:

Dave and Teresa said...

Whatever Erika! You are beautiful! Your mom is one of the best ladies I've ever known, it was WONDERFUL seeing her at Kirk's reception! Take care of your babies!

The Hokansons said...

You look so cute. And tiny, sheesh. I need you and your mom to come over and share some of your creativity.

Jill and Joel Gibb said...

You dont even look 35 weeks pregnant i dont even believe it! I would believe like 20 weeks....i cant believe how small you are! SO JEALOUS! And the quilt is adorable by the way!

Natalie said...

Erica you look gorgeous, and the quilt is amazing. I hope you are doing well and are healthy.

henleyfamily said...

You look soooo cute! 35 weeks and you are still TINY! :) I love the quilt, and I would LOVE to know how to make one!!!

Erin said...

Oh Erica!! How I miss you!! You look stunning!! The quilt is super cute! I want to see the diaper bag!

Talia Jensen said...

You are looking fabulous and your blanket is adorable! I miss you and hope you and the family are doing well!

Kera said...

oh you are getting closer!

Ryan and Melissa said...

Can I borrow your Mom? Is Pasco far enough for a weekened visit? She is so sweet... You are getting so close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one. I bet she will be beautiful just like Lily and you. I bet you are so ready... At least I was when I was where you were. Good Luck!

aLex and anNa said...

your mom is awesome. that quilt looks great! you look sooo good too!!!!

Julie said...

i love the quilt it is so cute! I love your mom too! She is such a great example to many of us.

You look too small to be that far along! Good luck with baby hopefull soon if not already!