July 12, 2009

Fourth of July in Coeur d'Alene

Take a peak at our adventures over the Fourth of July.... So much FUN!!!


Lil loved playing on the beach--especially throwing rocks into the water.

Lilly and Grandma Nadine---swinging away on the beach.

The water in the lake was a bit cooler than Lilly was accustomed to, but she didn't want anyone to try and stop her from jumping in. Shane got in the water with her on a very little inner tube. I don't know exactly how they managed to balance on that thing. Lil wasn't a big fan at first, but warmed up to the idea quickly.

Nana and Papa Anderson took Lilly on a paddle boat ride. She was so tired and actually almost fell asleep on the boat.

More of our little paddlers.

We had so much fun on the Fourth of July! I told Shane I wanted to go fishing on the dock. We started fishing around sundown and I really didn't expect to catch anything. My first cast I catch about a 10 inch white fish. (I'm told that's some sort of trout.) I was so excited I yelled up to everyone at the cabin to let them know I caught something and to run for the camera to snap a picture. Right as Luanne was about to take a picture of me with my treasured fish, the fish jumped off my hook and went right back into the water. It was so ironic and so hilarious. Boy was I proud of it though. Shane caught this little guy after me. I'm going to be doing some more fishing soon.

After we fished, Luanne, Kerry, Shane and I roasted marshmallows and made s'mores on the beach. Yummy in my tummy! Later we rode out into the water on Papa's boat and watched the fireworks. It was quite magical. The full moon was gorgeous.

Here's a photo of our little ice cream lover. Papa took us on a boat ride across the lake to Harrison so we could go to a little ice cream shop and Lil got to play at the playground for a bit.

What a wonderful visit...I'm still thinking about it.

8 comments:

Erin said...

So much fun! It looks like you had a great time!! We miss you guys!!

Jill and Joel Gibb said...

WOW! Im shocked at how big Lilly has gotten, shes most definitely a big girl now! Her hair is also getting so long. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Tiffany said...

What a fun weekend! I love Lilly's big grins. How adorable!!! Danna has the same shirt in the last picture, I wish we lived closer and our kids could play.

Carrie said...

Sounds like fun, I'm impressed with your fishing skills. We need to come visit soon!

henleyfamily said...

No way! We were in CDA on the 4th too! Would've been fun to get together!

bowman family said...

what a fun weekend!! How do you like Spokane? We miss it so much!!

Harpers said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Kera said...

I miss spokane SO much!!!