May 28, 2009

The Spokane Transition

Well, we're officially moved to Spokane. It's been a bit crazy. We were so lucky to move into a brand new, beautiful apartment. It's so nice to have everything in perfect condition. I'll have to post pictures when we get a bit more settled.
I only have one MAJOR complaint. We live very close to a train track and consequently there are trains going by night and day. They don't bug me so much during the day, but during the middle of the night...yeah--they BUG BIG TIME! We sleep with our window open because it's gotten pretty warm here and I'm only getting more and more pregnant by the day. So...I have a question--is there such thing as train honking ediquette? Shane says that he thinks the train conductors are required to toot their horns a certain amount of times to warn people of the train. Well, some of the train conductors toot their horns like 3 short toots and then there's those other train drivers. Seriously they totally overdo the tooting!!!!! Should I be saying honking? :) They lay on the horn for like 10 seconds at a time like 5 times. It wakes me up every time...I guess it's just going to take some getting used to. I mean who do you contact about disruptive train tooting????
We have also started potty training our little Lilly. Not fun, but I will say that I think she is improving. I was under the impression that it would take us one week to get her all potty trained and I'm not so sure that is going to happen with her right now. She still is having a hard time letting us know when she needs to go. We have to set timers and make sure we have her try to go every 20-30 minutes which makes a long very long day, but we're giving it a go. I said I'd give it a week so---here's hoping she makes a lot more progress by this coming Monday.
I'm helping one of my dear friends, Sabre, out these next couple weeks by tending her two adorable and very well behaved children. It's working really well because we don't have a home phone or internet or cable yet so I'm able to use their technology while I'm here. Lilly also loves having a little playmate. It's really good for her to be spending time with other kids before I have this next little one.
I'm so enjoying my pregnancy. Things are going so well. Our little 'unborn' girl sure is a kicker. I love to feel her move and I really can't wait to hold her. We still haven't decided on a name, but I'm sure that will come soon enough.
So life is good. I'm adjusting to the size and sounds of Spokane. We went to our new ward last Sunday and really enjoyed it. Shane starts his summer Pharmacy internship this coming Monday at Albertson's. We miss all our sweet friends in Pullman.

7 comments:

Campbells said...

Oh that is terrible about the train tooting! I hope you get used to it, but I must admit, I dont know if I ever could. If I get woke up, its so hard for me to go back to sleep. As for potty training, she'll get it, just be patient.

Erin said...

Oh Erica! I have missed you so much! I'm glad you are getting settled into your new place. That stinks about the train honking. I'm sure you'll get used to it though. Ava wakes up every morning asking for Lilly, it's very sad. We all miss you and are planning a visit to Spokane soon!

Kylene said...

You are too cute! I am SO sorry about your annoyance with the train tooting! There has got to be some sort of etiquette, especially at nights....especially for pregnant women! :)

Our cousin Britt Baugh posted the cutest little potty training watch on her blog a few weeks ago. Her little girl wears it and apparently you can set it for however much time you want between potty sessions. I thought it looked handy. Good Luck!

Scott & Jess said...

I promise you'll get used to the train, when we 1st moved to Connell, I remember counting 6-9 trains a night, all with the long annoying tooting, and now I rarely get woken up by them at all:) I'm glad to hear you guys are doing good, you should post some cute prego belly pics up soon!!

Parker's Mommy said...

Erica- I totally know how you feel about the trains and am glad to know that you are in our neck of the woods now! Too bad we are moving in two weeks! It took a little bit here in Cheney to get used to the trains, but after a couple months people will say something about a train and you will probably say...what train?!? Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. Take care and if you need anything let me know since we are so close now.

Jamie

Leslie said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while. Congrats on a new addition, another girl, how sweet!! Also I hope you enjoy Spokane. Kyra just moved up there with her little family a couple of weeks ago. sorry about that trains, that would be annoying :)

Kera said...

i am so sad we just missed you guys. hopefully we will end up back in spokane someday. i absolutely LOVE green bluff in the fall and ALL of the lakes around. so fun.
which area do you live in?