May 5, 2009

Goodbye Pullman

The time has finally come that it's time to move out of Pullman. I will ALWAYS hold a very special place in my heart for this little college town. We have created so many memories here, including having our first child here---this is where we became a family and realized that we could make it on our own.
We've made so many life-long friends that I have grown to love so much. There are a few people that I'd like to thank.

Shaila Hardy--We moved here the same time and became instant friends. I'll never forget running to your apartment at Outlook late at night, eating your oh so yummy chicken alfredo, various varieties of sweetened popcorn, and playing with Malcolm and baby Quinnie. More recently we've spent time walking and still eating together---I love that we both LOVE FOOD! You've always been like a sister to me and I feel like you take care of me. I love you and will miss you very much.

Carrie Crosland--I love how independent you are. You primarily take care of your two kids because of your hubby's demanding school schedule and you never really complain. You serve very selflessly at church and believe it or not--you are a great leader. We share in our passion for exercise and I've loved taking long walks around Pullman with you. You never exclude anyone and you are very positive. Even though you are stunningly beautiful...you have no clue. :)

Leslie Rushton--I admire your patience more than anything. Nothing seems to get you too worked up. I don't think you could ever hurt a soul. When we play games with you guys--you couldn't even take any cards from anyone except Lee for fear you might hurt someones feelings. You don't judge and you are content to listen more than talk. Your love of animals is infectious. You are pure sweetness.

Erin Baum--Little Miss "I get things done!". I love how you instigated pretty much all of our girl's nights and our playgroup. You are a master planner. You would do anything to help anybody. You are also a very service oriented person. Thanks for celebrating my 24th birthday with me and inviting us over for countless meals. Oh--we have had some good laughs.


Amy Harper--I don't think there is a mean bone in your tall body. I have enjoyed making table runners with you, quilting, singing, walking and laughing with you. I love how you are always smiling. Your family is such a good example for me. You give and show love to all that are around you.
There are so many others that I could go on and on about...Danielle--it was a pleasure getting to know you better in our playgroup and visiting teaching. Talia--I enjoyed all of your Sunday schools lessons and think you are amazing. The list goes on...

The point is that you've all made a huge impact on me and I know that I will remember the things you have taught me. I think we should have a big Pullman reunion sometime later on in our lives.


6 comments:

natalie + joshua said...

Oh Erica, it sounds like you are going to be deeply missed in Pullman. You are such a thoughtful person to post all of these sweet things about all of your friends. Good luck on your new endeavours Where to now?

Mandy said...

So sad! Good-byes are no fun. This is such a sweet post. There really is a good group of ladies here in Pullman, I hate to see everyone leaving!

Leslierush said...

I read Lee what you wrote about me and he said "obviously she's not married to you." Rude! lol he's just jokin. Thats so sweet of you and you will definitely be missed! This move is so bittersweet isn't it? I've loved having you as a friend here...its made it so much more exciting!

Carrie said...

I think I'm still in denial that you're moving. I'm going to cry when you do, but we'll still be able to come visit! Thanks for your friendship; it got me through some hard days and some good days!

Talia Jensen said...

Erica, I am going to miss you! You are so amazing! Please let us know whenever you want to come back to Pullman! We have a spare room you are more than welcome to stay in!!! Good luck in Spokane!

Harpers said...

Wow! I feel so special after reading what you had to say about me! Thank you so much. I have to say I miss you! You were definitely one of the people I was going to miss when I left Pullman. I LOVED talking to you and it was fun laughing with you too. You know how to have a good time and you are certainly a good example. Thanks for all your help on the quilt and table runners! Ha ha!