December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday My Sweet Lilly





My Dear Lilly,

My heart is so full of happiness as I sit and think about how much my life has changed since I had you.
I use to sleep in late. Now I'm up early giving you snuggles, watching Dora, and making you oatmeal.
I use to have long, luxurious showers. Now I hurry as fast as I can so that you don't hop in with me and cover the bathroom in water.
I use to primp over my makeup and hair. Now I am lucky if I get to wear any makeup because you like to steal it from me and wear it too. Anytime I do my hair, you insist that I do yours. :)
I use to take shopping trips to the mall. Now I call those trips 'adventures' and I never go unprepared. Fruit Snacks, teddy grahams and raisins are a must.
I use to clean the house independently and quickly. Now I'm constantly coming up with ideas to keep you busy like giving you a towel to mop the floor with mommy and letting you put the wet clothes in the dryer for me. Cleaning is now a process and must be premeditated.
I use to think about me. Now I think about you...and I LOVE IT!!! I thank Heavenly Father for sending you to me.

I love you always,
Mommy
P.S. Please stop growing so I can keep you just the way you are.

6 comments:

Scott & Jess said...

Happy Birthday Lilly!! It's crazy how fast time flys by! Erica, you are so lucky to have such a smart, sweet & beautiful little girl!! Hope to see you guys soon!

The Hardy Boys...and Me said...

Ahh, Happy Birthday Lilly! I can't believe she's already two. I see that you didn't leave today. I was worrying about you guys driving in all this, good move! Last night was fun, we'll have to do it again sometime!

Leslierush said...

Oh today is her birthday? Happy Birthday Lil!! I forgot you guys are leaving tomorrow and I'm totally gonna miss you but have fun and if I don't get to talk to you before then Merry Christmas!

Wendy Christensen {Moments Like This} said...

Happy birthday Lilly - We can't wait to see you tomorrow for the big Birthday party!!! :)

Jennie Stanfield said...

Happy birthday little Lilly. We sure love you over here. I love this post ERica...so true.

PartyinPierson's said...

erica you have a blog!!!! So do I this is tashina. Let's be blog friends!!!