November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Jenn

It's my sister, Jennie's, birthday today. I wanted to honor her by sharing a couple of my favorite memories with her.

I'll never forget when you came to the hospital after I had Lilly and stayed the night with me. I felt so relaxed to have you with me. You even brought me my very favorite ham chowder soup. You were the perfect example of a good mother.

I'll never forget our special times while you were living at the funeral home in Pullman. I remember, movies, always good food, laundry, games, quilting, crying, and LAUGHING. I truly do believe the reason my water broke with Lilly 2 weeks early was because you made me laugh so hard the night before.

I found this little birthday poem and although it's a bit corny, it says it all.

You're more to me than my sister
You are also my best friend
You're always there for me
For an ear or a shoulder to lend

You're the first to hear of my joys
It's you I go to if I've had a bad day
I love you more than I have words
To express myself or say

I love you Jennie.

4 comments:

Wendy Christensen {Moments Like This} said...

Erica, this was so sweet ... I love you too Jennie!!! I hope your birthday is full of magic and love ... I'm so glad we are all sisters.

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie Stanfield said...

Erica, thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me...and of course you had to go and make me cry. :-) I LOVE you more than I can say sister!!!

The Hardy Boys...and Me said...

Jennie is awesome! She has such a sweet spirit! I hope she had a great day.