April 29, 2008

BIG WEEKEND

We have a HUGE weekend ahead of us. A very exciting weekend, I should add.
Here's the story: So we originally thought that we would be moving to the Tri-Cities for the summer since both Shane's and my families live there, but somehow we've been lead down a different path. We have made many attempts at various jobs over the past months or so in the TC, but no solid offers have come yet. Shane asked if there were going to be many hours available to work this summer here in Pullman and they told him---NO! Then a couple days ago Shane heard about a good-paying job opening up at a hospital in Yakima. Yakima you say? Well, it actually might work out since my parents just bought a house there along with a small apartment next door. My brother, Rob, and his wife, Kathy, are moving there in June because Rob will be attending Medical School in the fall. They will obviously be renting out the house that my parents bought, but Shane and I might be living right next door in the 600 square foot apartment. Nothing is for certain, but Shane does have an interview on Friday morning.
WSU
After his interview he is going to head straight back to Pullman so that he can graduate with his Bachelors Degree in Biology bright and early Saturday morning. It doesn't end there...Saturday evening we will be taking a quick drive to Spokane to stay the night so that we can fly out to Kentucky on Sunday afternoon. We will be there for 10 days and I CANNOT WAIT! My sister, Amy, is seriously the most uplifting, positive and completely loving person that I have ever met. We get along like peas and carrots.
carrots and peas
Anyways, exciting, exciting stuff going on over here at the Anderson's. The great thing about it all is that I have complete peace in my heart about whatever comes our way. If we end up staying here in Pullman, I would love that it since we have so many fun friends. On the other hand, if we do end up in Yakima that will be a little adventure too and an opportunity to earn some good money to live on during the next upcoming school year.
I'll keep ya posted. Check back with us for some fun pictures in KENTUCKY!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck to Shane with his job interview, and CONGRATS! on the graduation! Kentucky sounds like a blast - I'm excited to see pictures!

Jessica Forsyth said...

That is exciting! But also sad, I was looking forward to seeing you guys over the summer!! Best of luck though and hope you guys have fun in Kentucky!

The Hardy Boys...and Me said...

Hope everything works out with the job! Although if you end up staying here in Pullman, I would love it since we're going to be here!

How exciting to get away on a vacation!! What are those anyways!?!

I guess maybe we'll see you at graduation! I don't know how I'm going to get there with all three kids though. It should be an adventure!

Heather said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Isn't crazy how thing work out?! Good luck with your travels & we will see you in a few weeks. : )

Wendy Christensen said...

Erica - Your weekend sounds wonderful! Good luck to Shane and give the Bowmans hugs from us! :)

Erin said...

Erica I will miss you over the summer! I hope everything works out for you in Yakima! Have fun in Kentucky!

Jill & Joel Gibb said...

Hey Yakima is only like 30 minutes away from Ellensburg! If you need your hair done you should come visit!!

Kera said...

have fun! we move to Spokane in T minus 42 days...

Heather said...

You would not believe what I found hiding WAY under my couch...yep, Lily's sippy cup. It was kinda gross but I washed it all up. Call me when you get back so I can get it back to you. I hope you are having a fabulous time!