March 1, 2008

Working Woman Once Again


Before I had Lilly, I worked as a part-time apartment manager for a very large company called DABCO. They were good to me and I truly enjoyed interacting with many of the employees as well as learning a great deal about rental properties. This week I got back in contact with my old boss and a few of my former co-workers. My boss offered me a job on my terms entirely. I told her I didn't want to put Lilly in daycare and that Shane is very involved with his school work so I could only work about 10 hours a weeks. So pretty much I can come up with my own hours. The complex that I would manage is only about a quarter of a mile from my apartment so I could just walk to work. I feel VERY blessed to have this opportunity. We'll have to see how things work out though because we are planning on going to the Tri-Cities for the summer and that may affect my job offer. I am most excited about getting out of the house a few times a week and to earn a little extra money. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Wendy Christensen said...

Congrats on the job offer Erica - That's wonderful March NEWS :)!! Love you - Wendy

Jennie Stanfield said...

Wow! That sounds like it will work out just great for you guys Erica! Good luck! That's a lot of exclamations...:-)

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm and Quinn said...

Wow!! Good luck for sure! It'll be nice to have some extra money coming in I'm sure. Sometimes I wish I could go get a job just a maurices or the buckle or something, just so I could get some discounted clothes...Haha!!

The Kay Family said...

Hooray!! It sounds like a perfect part-part-time job for you. I hope that it works out well for both you and Lilly's schedules. It is kind of nice to have other things to keep us busy than just regular mommy and house stuff. Good luck!!

Kera said...

Good for you. I tried going back to work in december but with Patricks schedule it was way too stressful on us both. I wish I had something I could take H with me. Good luck!

ATeamplus1 said...

I am jealous, sometimes I wish I could go back to work for a couple hours a day, just to get little adult conversation, something that doesn't begin with the word NO! It would help to bring back my sanity a little. Addisyn had her first sleepover at Grandma Cindy's, it was a nice break, but I did miss her tonz!

Miriam said...

found your blog through blog hopping! you decided on going back to DABCO. that's exciting. It sounds like you have it great, totally on your terms! I guess DABCO is good for some things (just not to rent from :) )