February 5, 2008

Kentucky Bound

Shane and I are going to the good state of...KENTUCKY! I've been wanting to bring Shane there for so long because I simply love it. Yes, there is a reason for us going. My sister, Amy, and her family lives there. We haven't seen them in 2 years and we are due for a visit. We leave May 4th and will be there for 10 days! The only thing that has me worried a bit is traveling with our (then) 17 month old daughter. One of the flights is over 4 hours long! Shane says we'll just have to "tipsy" her up a little bit with some drugs so she conks out! He is such a future Pharmacist...
Churchill Downs - Louisville, Kentucky
This is a photo of Churchhill Downs where the Kentucky Derby is held each year. Shane and I will arrive in KY on Sunday and the Derby will have been on the previous Saturday. We are going to be one day too late!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

When I read the title I thought you were moving to Kentucky! That would be not as exciting. Glad to hear it's just a vacation. Sounds like fun - we love to travel! Oh, and I loved the plastic-bag snow pants, that was awesome!

Teeter Family said...

How fun! It will be a blast! Also, I must add (I'm sure Shane knows this) but make sure to TEST the drugs on her before the flight! lol. I'm so glad we tested Brooklyn before the 14 hour trip it took to get us to NC because it made her SOOOO hyper!!! So we went with the DVD player, and a bag with lots of new little toys (courtesy of the Dollar Store!) instead and it worked great. Good luck and have fun!!!!

Timme Times said...

Erica, I am glad I found your blog. Lilly is soooo cute, especially when she smiles! Adorable! Have fun in Kentucky.

Laura said...

hey girl! how are you??? I can't believe how big your little girl is--- I've seen pictures of her through kathryn..... How are you all doing? You look awesome! I am so happy that I have found your blog !

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm and Quinn said...

How exciting to get a vacation. You can usually ask if the flight is full and if not they might let you take her carseat on the plane. We did that on our way to AZ last year, and Quinn was great. On the way back it was a full flight, and he was a lot harder. He wouldn't sleep at all either.

Carrie said...

Hey Erica! Your right, your sisters blog is way cute, and so is yours! (Thanks again for the idea:)) Also, I tagged you!

Harper Family said...

I thought you guys were moving to Kentucky too! I was like, "What?" ha ha ha...have a blast! Good luck on the flight! :)
Those plastic snow pants were so funny...whatever works right?

Wendy Christensen said...

You guys will have so much fun in Kentucky!! I love visiting the Bowman Crew!! :)

Sarah said...

that sounds like so much fun! i agree that testing the drugs is a good idea too. christopher also gets hyper on benadryl, so we do the dvd player and bag of new toys. i def gets easier the older they get, though. good luck!