January 23, 2008

It's All About ME ME ME...



So I'm relatively new to blogger and I have seen people who were "tagged" in the past, but I had no clue what that meant. Apparently, I've been tagged.

The rules are that you have to list 6 things or habits about yourself that others wouldn't normally know. Then you select others to be tagged as well by commenting on their pages and letting them know they have been tagged. Here goes...

1. I HATE spiders. To this day--they creep the heck out of me. I am getting the shivers up and down my body just thinking about them. As a little girl, I remember a few times finding them in the sheets of my bed. I literally would not sleep in the bed for days because I thought perhaps they had laid babies in there or had made a secret hide-out to get me while I was sleeping. Another horrific experience I had was one time I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a tickle on my face. I put my hand close to my mouth and bam---there was a spider about to crawl in. NASTY! There is a fact that we swallow something like 7 spiders a year or something in our sleep. Do you think that is really true? I hope not. I've decided I'm somehow going to teach Lilly to be my spider smasher. Oh, I have to mention that growing up-my mother would squish them with her bare feet.

2. I rub the soles of my feet together. I didn't even know I had this little habit until I went to go stay with my sister, Amy, in Louisville, Kentucky. We were up late one night after she had put her kids to bed and she said very loudly..."You rub your feet together too." I was like...what the heck are you talking about? She exposed my feet rubbing habit. I think all of us Lichfield girls do it and I think it annoys every one of our husbands. (Jenn, are you a rubber too?)

3. I am about as blind as a bat. Thank heaven for today's technology--without it there would be no way that I could drive, enjoy a movie, or have a conversation with someone further than 5 feet from me. When Shane and I first got married we would shut the bathroom door at night for some reason. Well I usually have to go potty at night so one time I walked into what I thought was the bathroom and ended up slamming my whole body into the door instead. The horrible thing was...I did the exact same thing the next night. Let's just say I love my contacts and can't wait to someday be able to afford lasik eye surgery.

4. One of my favorite luxuries are nice sheets and towels--WEIRD, I know. Someday when I have a little extra money I'm going to go out and buy like 600-800 thread count sheets and super soft and cozy towels.

5. I am motivated by creativity. If I'm feeling down or depressed, one of the best things for me to do is make something. I notice that every time I pull out my sewing machine, kitchen aide or scrap booking supplies it gives me a big boost the rest of the day. I love to dream up things and see them come together.

6. I'd like to learn how to do so many things, but the most important things I feel like are; play the piano, take sewing lessons, and learn more cooking skills. I'm hoping to work on these things in 2008.

7 comments:

Jennie Stanfield said...

You're so funny and quircky...that's why I love you so much!

ATeamplus1 said...

Hey I am was excited to do the tag thing, but I don't know anyone else on blogger, how do you find people?

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm and Quinn said...

Love the title. Man are you conceded or what!?! Haha. Just kidding. I love the picture of you, great job! Love hearing all your funny details!!

Kylene said...

What a fun post! I am with ya on the nice sheets and towels. I was just telling my husband the other day that we need to invest in some quality high thread count sheets. Seriously, as much time as you spend sleeping, you may as well do it as comfortably as possible!

You are darling.

Wendy Christensen said...

Erica - I have a spider tip ... (I hate them too). Spray them with Windex (that stuns them and they get all confused and they stop doing their creepy habits) and then hurry and squish them with a tissue or vacuum them up!! That's what I do :) Love you, Wendy

Carrie said...

Erica - check off playing the piano, I am going to teach you:)!
Ditto on the nice sheets, and I am proud to say that I now have the guts to smash spiders; they creep me out too!

Kirsten said...

If you check out snopes.com (they research myths/rumors) they have a thing about eating the spiders in your sleep. They said it's not true - that made me feel better.