December 4, 2007

What a beautiful day for....A WALK and a visit.


I love to go for walks. I think walking is one of the most therapeutic actions you could ever do...I guess praying is probably up there on the list too. It's been so yucky outside the past couple weeks that I haven't been going on my daily walks and I can totally tell a difference. I feel sluggish and frumpy when I don't exercise. When I woke up this morning the sun was bright and shining and my heart jumped for a brisk stroll. Shane was home most of the day today because Tuesday his classes are pretty light and so I took the opportunity to go while Lilly was down for a nap. I started walking down on campus and my mind turned to my sweet friend, Stacy Smith. I remembered that her husband, Logan, just left on military leave and she was all by her lonesome. I thought that I should pay her a little surprise stop in visit and I'm so glad that I did. I just love her!! We chatted and she showed me her baby room with the most beautiful crib ever made. She ended up driving me back to my apartment and enjoying a chili burrow lunch with Shane, Lilly and I. A visit with a friend was just what I needed today. I'm so blessed to have such sweet friends in my life.

No comments: