December 12, 2007

For Health and Strength

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(I thought this photo was hilarious...especially since my post is about health and strength...now that's irony. Read on and hopefully you will get the humor too.)

This week I have been feeling so sick. Shane has been sick with an ongoing sore throat and cough and I was secretly so happy that I wasn't feeling the same. But it got me! Last night I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and I told Shane how much I really take for granted being healthy. I can't imagine what it would be like to be sick all the time. It's only been a few days of feeling lousy and I'm complaining like crazy. It makes me think of a song in the children's songbook.

"For health and strength and daily foods we praise thy name oh Lord."

I've decided I'm going to start praising the Lord for health more often.

Today I get to make dinner and bring it over to The Dahl's. I'm excited to serve someone else. I know by thinking of others, it will make me think less of myself. I'm making rolls, bacon wrapped chicken, baked potatoes and green beans. I hope they enjoy this meal as much as Shane and I do. Of course Shane dies for anything with BACON. He could or probably would eat 5 pieces of bacon everyday if I didn't stop him. Alright, I better go start cooking up some love for my two honeys at home and the Dahl's.

3 comments:

Jennie Stanfield said...

I feel the same Erica! You really don't know what you've got until it's gone though. Being sick always makes me appreciate being well. Love you!

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm and Quinn said...

We've been sick here too! I've had a sore throat for a week. Saturday and Sunday I felt like it could bleed! Gross sounding I know, but it hurt that bad. Every night I still wake up and it just hurts!! I hate being pregnant and sick the most!

I need to come see you tomorrow. I have something for you!

Looks like Jennie and Jake have a blog...I will have to check it out!

bowman family said...

Hope your feeling better. say hi to the Dahls for us. Have a good Christmas break!