December 7, 2007

Ahhhh Christmas Time!


On Wednesday I decided it was the day to decorate for Christmas. I gathered all our decorations and anticipated putting them up, but of course I waited until Lilly went to bed (since I don't think I'd get a single thing done with her hanging on me--I'd be more like a human Christmas Tree.) Shane and I watched the cutest animated Christmas movie that we both grew up watching about the misfit toys. After the show, Shane was plum tuckered out after a long eventful day of studying for finals. He announced that he would be going to bed. At first I was horribly disappointed thinking about doing the decorating all by my lonesome, but I got over those feelings quickly and pulled out the tree. It actually turned out being a very fun night. Such sweet memories filled my mind as I pulled out the Christmas ornaments. My mom gave me a beautiful ornament last year of the nativity scene to always help me remember such a precious Christmas. Last year we had our daughter, Lilly, only a week before Christmas, so it was very different from years past. We stayed in Pullman instead of going home and our family actually came to us to celebrate. I don't know that there will ever be a holiday to top that one.

With my house clean and decorated with Christmas spirit, I invited my visiting teaching girls to come over and enjoy hot cocoa and cookies. We had such a fun visit. It was also so fun to catch up with Shaila and Quinn too. What a fun day! I love, love, love the holidays. I've actually had the lights on my Christmas tree turned on all day. Just seeing the tree all lit up seems to add a little hop and skip to each step of my day.

3 comments:

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm and Quinn said...

There's nothing like Christmas spirit!! I love putting up my decorations too and just how happy it makes you feel. This year I only put up the tree, garland and nativity, but it's enough.

I had fun coming over and visiting. I could have stayed much longer!! I can talk to you for hours!

Heather said...

I am so excited to have found your blog! I love to turn on the christmas tree lights in the evening and just enjoy the glow they give. It always puts me in a better mood especially after a hard day! Take care, Heather Lee

The Kay Family said...

Hey Erica!! I found your blog through Shaila's and wanted to say HI!! Your little Lilly is ADORABLE, congratulations! I am going to add you to my list of friends on our blog at http://thekaykrew.blogspot.com It has been fun to read what you have been up to! I am going to be watching you now!! By the way, your tree looks great!! Love, Janene Kay