November 11, 2007

Saturday Night Cooking

I have been craving Shane's authentic Italian Lasagna lately so we finally started making it last night around 7PM. Well to make this stuff...it is quite a process to say the least. We ended up with a finished product around 10PM. Three hours of Shane and I in the kitchen together. We can get on each others nerves a bit being in such a small kitchen together for that amount of time. To make matters worse, I am usually the one who does the majority of the cooking and so I kinda like to do things my way, while he feels like the lasagna recipe is HIS THING so sometimes we clash. It was pretty funny though. We were both so impressed with how good Lilly was yesterday. We put her down at 7:30 on Friday night and she got up at 6:45AM to nurse and then went right back down to bed until 9:15. She was very rested and I definitely think that contributed to how well behaved she was yesterday. While we cooked, she just opened up our cupboards and pulled out some pots and pans to bang on the floor.

Anyway, the recipe makes two huge pans so we are going to have to share a lot with our friends and neighbors. Shaila Hardy is going to come visit today and we are going to swap yummies...

So speaking of the Hardy's, this morning Shane and I got up at our usual Sunday morning time and started getting ready for church. Then Shane says...isn't it Stake Conference today? I TOTALLY spaced it. I got online to our ward website and discovered that we were supposed to be meeting at 9AM instead of 11. SHOOT--it was already 9:30 when I made that discovery. We looked outside at our apt. conplex parking lot and saw that Matt and Shaila's car was still there. It turns out they got on their ward website and it said 10AM. I feel bad that we missed it. I remember last years meeting very well because my sister, Jennie, bore her testimony. She did such a good job. I miss her so much.

1 comment:

Wendy Christensen said...

Very cute and fun - I'm so glad you have a blog :)!!